Thursday, February 4, 2010

I am dubious

I so dislike quoting Wikipedia, but in this case the only cite I could find in books was from "Never Knew That About Colorado" by Abbott Fay, which wasn't readily available to me, but since some of the facts include "the man who wore out his coffin, Adolf Hitler's Colorado ranch, and the bombing of Colorado in World War II" I am dubious.

So the Wiki quote:

....As with many historical figures, legends abound about Adolf Hitler. In 1975, Irving Wallace and David Wallechinsky wrote in the first edition of The People's Almanac that Hitler had once been the owner of land near the town of Kit Carson, Colorado. Following up on the story, Los Angeles Times investigative reporter Steve Harvey concluded that there was no truth to it.

Wikipedia has the cites from teh original People's Almanac and from the LA Times story.

Without reading more of the background, I'd be skeptical...who would Adolf have inherited from? I've never heard of him having any family in the US.

No comments:

Post a Comment